Re: [albanach] Re: garb question..

    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2001
      At 06:33 AM 5/10/2001, you wrote:
      >Dear Karen-
      >Have also read that Lowland fashions were indeed lagging behind the English.
      >As long as you have continuity in your garb, the authenticity nazis should
      >not bother you...I've yet to meet any hardcores who presume to criticize.
      >I'm a 1540 myself...and do early tudor. Mainly to show the timeframe of my
      >persona. We do alot of demos here in Texas, and I've found few mundanes who
      >really question your "look". They just don't have the knowledge base we
      >Scadians do!!!

      Tell me about it! I can go into a store when I'm dressed for an event,
      wearing a gown with a cyclas (the tabbard-y thing that curves our a little
      at the bottom instead of being straight), or in a sideless surcoat, and
      have people ask me if I'm with the Renaissance Faire :-).

      In Service,
      Baintighearna Muirghein Dhaire an Faoilciarach /|\
      Blue Mountain Cornet (herald) and Dreiburgen Web Minister
      http://www.dreiburgen.org (ICQ 12594533)
      (any posts to e-mail lists do not reflect official opinions
      unless specifically stated otherwise)