Re: Scottish Karen

  • Nancy Howell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2001
      Hey Karen! I'm also a mid-16th c. Lowland Scots persona-Nan Turnbull-Good to
      meet you!
      Am not sure about the issues surrounding a Highlander/Lowlander mix...16th
      c. Scotland had an insular clannish society structure & so I think the mix
      would be unlikely. Still, in the SCA, anything can happen! My suggestion
      would be to check w/the Herald for your group on the name questions. The
      clothing would depend on where your persona lives & her station, etc..if in
      the Lowlands, she would dress as an Englishwoman (albeit less
      extravagantly). I refer you to Sharon Krossa's website (Medieval
      Scotland)-she has info on clothing & names.
      Good luck! Nan