Townlife in fourteenth-century Scotland

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2000
      Does anyone own this book, "Townlife in fourteenth-century
      Scotland," by Ewan, Elizabeth?
      http://www.bestbookbuys.com/cgi-bin/bbb.cgi?ISBN=0748601511
      Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Thank you in advance.
      Diana Cosby
      cosby@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2000
        "Sharon L. Krossa" wrote: Yes. Yes. Do I need to say more? It is an
        excellent introduction to 14th century Scottish towns -- anyone who has any
        interest in Scottish towns, or wants to set their persona in a town, should
        read it. (Scottish towns then were *very* different from both our modern
        towns and from common modern notions about medieval towns!)

        Thanks, Sharon. It's on my Christmas wish list!
        Diana Cosby
        cosby@...
        http://www.erols.com/cosby/diana.html
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
          Thank you, Eogan!
          Diana Cosby
          cosby@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
            At 4:21 PM -0500 10/31/2000, Diana Cosby wrote:
            > Does anyone own this book, "Townlife in fourteenth-century
            >Scotland," by Ewan, Elizabeth?
            >http://www.bestbookbuys.com/cgi-bin/bbb.cgi?ISBN=0748601511
            > Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Thank you in advance.

            Yes. Yes. Do I need to say more? It is an excellent introduction to
            14th century Scottish towns -- anyone who has any interest in
            Scottish towns, or wants to set their persona in a town, should read
            it. (Scottish towns then were *very* different from both our modern
            towns and from common modern notions about medieval towns!)

            Sharon
            Sharon Krossa, krossa@...
            Medieval Scotland (including resources for names, clothing & history):
            http://www.MedievalScotland.org/
            The Medieval Names Archive - http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/
            Consultations about re-creating historically accurate pre-1600 names:
            Academy of Saint Gabriel - http://www.s-gabriel.org/
          • eoganog@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000