Real-time Norman Conquest Site

  • kathleen.hogan@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2000
      I got this in my email today. I plan on checking it out!

      Kati

      Osprey launches live "historical" Web event

      Osprey Publishing is launching a "real-time" reconstruction of the Norman
      conquest of England on the Internet. The site goes live on 28th September
      (Thursday) and runs until Harold's defeat on 15th October.

      Surfers will be able to access interactive animated maps, 360=B0
      panoramas of
      the battle scene, news headlines, interactive Norman and Saxon soldiers
      and
      11th century sound-bites as well as sift through encyclopaedic entries
      compiled from Osprey's own range of history titles.

      The event coincides with the launch of a new publication, Landmarks in
      History: The Norman Conquest, and marks the first in series of such
      e-events. According to Rebecca Smart, production and design manager, the
      Website was an "editorial and marketing project" driven by the desire to
      re-use its content online in an imaginative fashion.

      Link:=20
      http://www.essentialnormanconquest.com/
      http://www.essentialhistory.com/

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!