Introduction

  • H Baxter
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2000
      Please allow me to introduce myself. I have been "lurking" for a
      couple of weekks.

      My name is Heather and I am 3rd generation American. My father's
      family is from the Glasgow region of Scotland.

      I play SCA in Tucson AZ. My persona is a 16th century Lass from
      Stirling, Perthshire.

      In Service to the Dream,
      Hellyn MacGillebride
      commonly known as Hellyn of Stirling.
    • Rowen G
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2000
        Greetings, my lady. May you enjoy the list.

        Rowen

        --- In albanach@egroups.com, "H Baxter" <malkin7@a...> wrote:
        > Please allow me to introduce myself. I have been "lurking" for a
        > couple of weekks.
        >
        > My name is Heather and I am 3rd generation American. My father's
        > family is from the Glasgow region of Scotland.
        >
        > I play SCA in Tucson AZ. My persona is a 16th century Lass from
        > Stirling, Perthshire.
        >
        > In Service to the Dream,
        > Hellyn MacGillebride
        > commonly known as Hellyn of Stirling.
      • Seonaid
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 22, 2001
          Hi,

          I am new to the list and come from Perthshire, central Scotland. I
          enjoy studying Scottish history and am researching the Picts. I was
          born in St.Andrews, which was one of the Picts main areas of
          residence.

          I am also a keen photographer and have many hundreds of natural
          pictures of the Highlands and Lowlands of Scotland.

          I look forward to be here, Thanks Seonaid
        • mikelynnechris@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 22, 2001
            Hi Seonaid. Welcome to the group. I joined the group recently too although I
            haven,t seen many posts.
            I am from Markinch in Fife and love Scottish history. I am hoping to learn a
            lot from the group and hopefully I will be able to contribute something.

            Regards

            Ian McDouagll
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 22, 2001
              Seonaid wrote:  I am new to the list and come from Perthshire, central Scotland. I enjoy studying Scottish history and am researching the Picts. I was born in St.Andrews, which was one of the Picts main areas of residence.  I am also a keen photographer and have many hundreds of natural pictures of the Highlands and Lowlands of Scotland.  I look forward to be here.

              Seonaid,
                  Welcome to the albanach list serve.  I am a romance writer and am currently writing books set in 'The Bruce' era.  I know you'll enjoy your time here.
              Diana Cosby
              wulfe6@...

            • Gaheris
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 17, 2005
                Greetings;
                I am a new member so wanted to introduce myself. My family name is
                Mac Dubh Ghaill. I was born and live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
                My grandparents on both sides emigrated here from Scotland before
                WW I.

                I have a life long interest in my heritage,the history, the people the
                land, the old ways. I have been following a Spiritual Path for some
                years based on the ancient beliefs of my Celt/Scot Ancestors. My
                daughter is working on a family tree and has this complete back five
                generations. I have always loved the music especially that of the
                Highland Pipes. I fullfilled a lifelong ambiton a few years back and
                learned to play the pipes.I now play for fun and with a local Pipes &
                Drums Band.

                I look forward to meeting all of you, learning from you and
                contributing where I am able to.

                Gaheris
                http://paganjourney.cjb.net
              • Joy L Fisher
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 17, 2005
                  Welcome, Gaheris. Glad to see you joined :)
                  Blessings,
                  Joy
                  > I am a new member so wanted to introduce myself. My family name is
                  > Mac Dubh Ghaill. I was born and live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
                  > My grandparents on both sides emigrated here from Scotland before
                  > WW I.
                  >
                  > I have a life long interest in my heritage,the history, the people the
                  > land, the old ways. I have been following a Spiritual Path for some
                  > years based on the ancient beliefs of my Celt/Scot Ancestors. My
                  > daughter is working on a family tree and has this complete back five
                  > generations. I have always loved the music especially that of the
                  > Highland Pipes. I fullfilled a lifelong ambiton a few years back and
                  > learned to play the pipes.I now play for fun and with a local Pipes &
                  > Drums Band.
                  >
                  > I look forward to meeting all of you, learning from you and
                  > contributing where I am able to.
                  >
                  > Gaheris
                  > http://paganjourney.cjb.net

                  > Scotland c. 503-1603 AD.