Re: [albanach] Digest Number 74

  • NanSea
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
      [Image]

      Does anyone know, or know where I can find out, how to say "morning
      star"
      in mid 1500's style Scottish dialect?
      Thanks for the help!!
      Selina
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
        At 6:52 AM -0700 8/3/2000, NanSea wrote:
        > [Image]
        >
        > Does anyone know, or know where I can find out, how to say "morning
        > star"
        > in mid 1500's style Scottish dialect?

        Mid 1500s Scottish dialect of which language? There are several to
        choose from... (Scots, Gaelic, even Norn ;-)

        Also, what particularly do you mean by "morning star"?

        Sharon
        ska Eafric
        Sharon Krossa, krossa@...
        Medieval Scotland (including resources for names, clothing & history):
        http://www.MedievalScotland.org/
        The Medieval Names Archive - http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/
        Consultations about re-creating historically accurate pre-1600 names:
        Academy of Saint Gabriel - http://www.s-gabriel.org/