4979Re: [albanach] Question regarding accessories

  • Sharon L Krossa, PhD
    Nov 30, 2011
      On Nov 29, 2011, at 8:28 PM, lynlee o wrote:
      > 2) Given that I am about 1150-1190AD, and David I and his Mother were very religious, would I have carried a Rosary/Pater Noster bead strand of some description and if so, would it be knots or wood/clay? Does anybody know the configuration, I am thinking either 150 or 50? Circular or straight string? The Doune was likely to be used as a religious property Abbey or Church of some kind when it was replaced with Drum Castle in the late 12th early 13thC so I feel the inhabitants may well have been expected to show a good example and have all the modern requisites for piety.

      With regard to rosaries, I recommend to you the Paternoster Row website: http://paternoster-row.org/

      There is also a Compleat Anachronist on the subject (details of which can be found at the above site).

      If you have rosary questions, Chris Laning (Christian de Holacombe in the SCA) is the woman to ask.

      Sharon (ska Africa filia Kennoci)
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic