[alanmoore] Re: Wildstorm Spotlight on Majestic

  • Ian McLean
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 1999
      >As for the
      >longevity of the "Presents" series; I think the "Majestic" issue was the only
      >one.

      There were at least 3 more issues - 2 written by Steven Grant with Loner, a
      character he created for this story, and an issue featuring Stormwatch, by
      Dafydd someone-or-other (can you tell I didn't read it?)

      Andrew

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/alanmoore
    • Gerry Alanguilan
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 1999
        >There were at least 3 more issues - 2 written by Steven Grant with Loner,

        He.he. Can't help but say it but I inked these 2 books! Yeah, I missed Alan
        by one issue. I wish I could have worked with him, even to ink some rocks
        on the backround of any book he does...:)

        Gerry

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/alanmoore
      • Garfarnuc2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 1999
          ianmcl@... writes:

          << There were at least 3 more issues - 2 written by Steven Grant with Loner, a
          character he created for this story, and an issue featuring Stormwatch, by
          Dafydd someone-or-other (can you tell I didn't read it?) >>

          Good move. Storwatch is what? The poor man's Youngblood (that may be to harsh)

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/alanmoore
        • Bryan A. Hollerbach
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 1999
            (snip)

            Storwatch is what? The poor man's Youngblood (that may be to harsh)

            (snip)

            Actually, under writer Warren Ellis, STORMWATCH often combined enormous vigor and thought-provoking nuance in a thoroughly enjoyable fashion. Those who can find back issues by Ellis should buy them immediately, and anyone interested in a good read should investigate his latest series, PLANETARY (debuting this week from DC/Wildstorm) and a STORMWATCH follow-up titled THE AUTHORITY (debuting next month from the same publisher).

            Bry

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 1999
              Bryan.Hollerbach@... writes:

              << Storwatch is what? The poor man's Youngblood (that may be to harsh)

              (snip)

              Actually, under writer Warren Ellis, STORMWATCH often combined enormous vigor
              and thought-provoking nuance in a thoroughly enjoyable fashion. >>

              I believe you, but when I say Stormwatch is a poor man's Youngblood, I'm
              talking about the original book. I liked Moore's 2 and a 1/2 Youngbood
              stories, but when you say Youngblood one usually thinks "Liefield"
              I have to admit though, that I've never read anything by Ellis that I liked.
              That includes "Transmetropllitan, and Hellblazer"

              CPR

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 1999
                >Actually, under writer Warren Ellis, STORMWATCH often combined enormous
                vigor and thought-provoking nuance in a thoroughly enjoyable fashion. Those
                who can find back issues by Ellis should buy them immediately,

                And just to help - you should look for Vol 1 #37-50, Vol 2 #1-11, and the
                tie-in WildC.A.T.S./Aliens (which occurs before Vol 2 #11)