new LOEG script review

  • Christopher Shumway
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 2:17 PM
      and it's apparently much, much better (and set in England):
      http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/358/358223p1.html

      Personally I hope that Griffin's capture and the aerial battle will make
      it back in a later draft, as those were two great scenes. It's definitely
      headed in the right direction though.

      --
      Christopher W. Shumway, buried under 1100 unread messages
      shumway@...

      Softline International, Inc.
    • Michael Norwitz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 10:29 PM
        On Thu, 2 May 2002, Christopher Shumway wrote:

        > and it's apparently much, much better (and set in England):
        > http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/358/358223p1.html
        >
        > Personally I hope that Griffin's capture and the aerial battle will
        > make it back in a later draft, as those were two great scenes. It's
        > definitely headed in the right direction though.

        Not perfect, but as you say, a step in the right direction. I disagree
        with you about Griffin's capture however. I think the early part of the
        series, when the heroes are being gathered together, frankly drags, and
        would stretch interminably in a cinematic feature. I would film the
        opening scene with Mina and Quatermain, but when they're rescued by Nemo's
        ship, I think Hyde and Griffin should already be established. That would
        leave the film more time to develop the main plot.

        "She always had a terrific sense of humor" Mikel Midnight
        (Valerie Solonas, as described by her mother)
        blaklion@...