Chuck Beckum/Austen

  • Stephen Mellor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2001
      Having seen the Elektra preview in this month's Wizard (it's not my fault - I work in a comic shop. I have to at least glance through it...) I can honestly say that Chucky boy's art style hasn't improved at all from those piss poor Miracleman (was it Marvelman when he was drawing it or was he the first Eclipse artist?) stuff he did. His ability to do ten pages a day is obvious... Who said that thing about quality not quantity? His figure work is woefully bad (some of the arm positions could only be done by Mr. Fantastic!) and his backgrounds are tedious and uninspired. Still, Bendis's writing was pretty good.

      Stephen