question about Miracleman

  • McCamy Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      Is Miracleman still tied up in copyright limbo? I noticed that trade
      paperbacks, especially 2 and 3 are now going for what seem like
      exorbitant prices on eBay (40+ dollars). To me, this would indicate
      that it is time for a reprint (hint, hint) if anyone has the rights
      to do so.

      McCamy
      --

      Visit "McCamy Taylor (Post) Millennium Fiction" at
      http://www.nationwide.net/~taylorjh/

      "Damaged Care, Damaged Caregiver" by Suzanne Tolbert M.D.
      has a new home. Check out this book about the trials of
      a Family Physician and her patients at the hands of the
      managed care. http://www.nationwide.net/~taylorjh/damaged/

    • DTonks@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
        In a message dated 3/1/01 10:34:43 PM Central Standard Time,
        taylorjh@... writes:

        > Is Miracleman still tied up in copyright limbo? I noticed that trade
        > paperbacks, especially 2 and 3 are now going for what seem like
        > exorbitant prices on eBay (40+ dollars). To me, this would indicate
        > that it is time for a reprint (hint, hint) if anyone has the rights
        > to do so.

        I can't tell you why, but this situation fascinates me. And you pose a
        question I'm not sure I've seen. The rights for publishing new Miracleman
        stories is tied up in a situation that gets rehashed and rehashed, but who
        owns the reprint rights? Are the rights to the material that originally
        appeared in Warrior separate from that which originally came from Eclipse?
        Are these rights in the same limbo as the rights to publish new Miracleman
        material?

        Doug Tonks
      • newscomedy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
          In a message dated 3/1/2001 11:34:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          taylorjh@... writes:

          Is Miracleman still tied up in copyright limbo?

          Yup.

          I noticed that trade

          paperbacks, especially 2 and 3 are now going for what seem like
          exorbitant prices on eBay (40+ dollars). To me, this would indicate
          that it is time for a reprint  (hint, hint) if anyone has the rights
          to do so.

          I've seen the #3 TPB go for more than $150 on ebay. This is, I think,
          precisely because no reprints will be forthcoming -- cuz the rights are in
          such dispute. Alas. ALAS! Even worse -- the finished-but-unpublished
          Gaiman/Buckingham issue is in limbo. Keep in mind -- issues of Warrior can
          still be found pretty cheaply, ironically, and include Miracleman stories (at
          least one) never reprinted here in the U.S. And they're great mags, to boot!
          C'mon -- any magazine that debuts with the premieres of Mirac...er, Marvelman
          AND V for Vendetta has GOT to be pretty special!

          (And I also recommend Crisis)