Re: [alanmoore] Supremacy question

  • Steve K
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2000
      emerpus01@... wrote:

      > Oh Dear Lord why can't we see the last two Moore issues!?! What crazy
      > miracle would it take to actually get them scripted an printed??? Could it
      > ever happen? Hope remains. I'll sit back one day and read those two issues
      > of Supreme, and Big Numbers 3-12.

      I'm pretty sure that there are two more Moore scripts that were completed, but
      who knows if there's any art to go with them yet. I'm still keeping my hopes up
      for these, but I gave up on Big Numbers a long time ago. I wish this was the
      other way around; even though I really really enjoy Moore's Supreme, hearing all
      the stories about how intricately mapped out the plans for Big Numbers were and
      seeing how fantastic the first two issues are ... damn that would have been a
      good comic.

      steve K
    • Mikel Midnight
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000

        Are there any Earths with evil Supremes and good Dax's? Are the Earths
        and characters given names, or just referred to? Does the Earth have
        an index? (a la 'Earth C').

        A list of funny animal Supremes would be appreciated too.

        Finally, what is the trans-time team that he was once a member of
        called?

        Thanks.

        "She always had a terrific sense of humor" Mikel Midnight
        (Valerie Solonas, as described by her mother)
        blaklion@...
        __________________________________________________http://www.best.com/~blaklion
      • emerpus01@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
          In a message dated 11/1/00 6:10:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          blaklion@... writes:

          << Are there any Earths with evil Supremes and good Dax's? >>

          Not that I can think of at the moment.

          << Are the Earths
          and characters given names, or just referred to? Does the Earth have
          an index? (a la 'Earth C').>>

          In the Supremium, the Earths are not specifically referred to, but Supremes
          (and Diana Danes for that matter) either have variations on their names
          (Supremax) or are referred to by which comic era they are from ('original
          Supreme', 'original Dax'). The funniest are Grim Eighties Supreme, his
          girlfriend Traumatized Drug Addict Prostitute Diana Dane, and his arch enemy,
          Grim 80s Psycho Transvestite Dax.

          Oh Dear Lord why can't we see the last two Moore issues!?! What crazy
          miracle would it take to actually get them scripted an printed??? Could it
          ever happen? Hope remains. I'll sit back one day and read those two issues
          of Supreme, and Big Numbers 3-12.

          << A list of funny animal Supremes would be appreciated too.>>

          There's Squeek, the Supremouse, and his girlfriend, Diana Duck, and his arch
          enemy, Darius Duck ('Mallard of Mayhem!')

          << Finally, what is the trans-time team that he was once a member of
          called? >>

          The League of Infinity.
        • Michael Norwitz
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
            Thanks Emerpus.

            "She always had a terrific sense of humor" Mikel Midnight
            (Valerie Solonas, as described by her mother)
            blaklion@...
            __________________________________________________http://www.best.com/~blaklion
          • Kumar Sivasubramanian
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
              >The funniest are Grim Eighties Supreme, his
              >girlfriend Traumatized Drug Addict Prostitute Diana Dane, and his arch
              >enemy,
              >Grim 80s Psycho Transvestite Dax.

              Seeing all those characters kind of reminded me of Sagging Male Prostitute
              Plastic Man in the Twilight of the Superheroes proposal. Does anyone else
              think that Moore was making fun of himself as much as he was of the industry
              at that time? I mean, he spawned it (no pun), but reading Twilight it occurs
              to me that at some point he was hoping to perpetuate it too.

              K.

              http://profiles.msn.com
            • John Dorrian
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2000
                On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:55:25 EST, alanmoore@egroups.com wrote:

                Oh Dear Lord why can't we see the last two Moore issues!?! What crazy
                > miracle would it take to actually get them scripted an printed??? Could
                it
                > ever happen? Hope remains.

                I'm not sure if Moore actually finished the scripts for Supreme: Year 2. I
                distinctly remember hearing he completed them almost up until the very end.
                There may very well be one final script left, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't
                written the final issue. Rick Veitch confirmed on the Comicon boards that
                the Jack Kirby tribute was the last issue he personally contributed any
                artwork towards.

                It's a pity we won't get to see the remaining Youngblood and Glory scripts,
                either. I rather liked Moore's Youngblood stories, and Glory (amazingly
                enough) was shaping up to be the most interesting series Moore was doing for
                Liefield. Who would have thought it?

                John D.

                Say Bye to Slow Internet!
                http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
              • Ian McLean
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2000
                  >It's a pity we won't get to see the remaining Youngblood and Glory scripts,
                  >either. I rather liked Moore's Youngblood stories, and Glory (amazingly
                  >enough) was shaping up to be the most interesting series Moore was doing for
                  >Liefield. Who would have thought it?

                  While they're certainly different, I get the feeling that some of the ideas
                  that didn't make it to light in Glory are at work in Promethea.

                  Andrew
                • Michael Norwitz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2000
                    On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, John Dorrian wrote:

                    > It's a pity we won't get to see the remaining Youngblood and Glory
                    > scripts, either. I rather liked Moore's Youngblood stories, and Glory
                    > (amazingly enough) was shaping up to be the most interesting series
                    > Moore was doing for Liefield. Who would have thought it?

                    I'd still be willing to shell out for a trade pback collection of all the
                    Moore Youngblood and Glory material, which is pretty scattered.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 2, 2000
                      In a message dated 11/2/00 6:12:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                      blaklion@... writes:

                      << > It's a pity we won't get to see the remaining Youngblood and Glory
                      > scripts, either. I rather liked Moore's Youngblood stories, and Glory
                      > (amazingly enough) was shaping up to be the most interesting series
                      > Moore was doing for Liefield. Who would have thought it?

                      I'd still be willing to shell out for a trade pback collection of all the
                      Moore Youngblood and Glory material, which is pretty scattered. >>

                      The scripts exist. I think its more than possible than enterprising
                      publisher - maybe not in this country, might license the material from
                      Awesome Rob for reprinting and repackaging. Scripts by Alan Moore and the
                      rights to publish Glory and Youngblood still have some commercial value.
                      They question is whether the Awesome material will end up in the right hands
                      (a company that would publish a collected Supreme, comission Moore, Veitch,
                      and another artist - how about Sprouse - to finish the series, commission a
                      new artist to draw Glory, etc) or in the wrong hands (what happened to
                      Miracleman).