Re: [alanmoore]Pretentious

  • rmorris306@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2000
      In a message dated 9/25/00 8:55:44 PM, ianmcl@... writes:

      <<
      >In the recent "Uncut" (british magazine) interview Alan admits that people
      >sometimes shout "Jesus!" at him in the street. . . So what I really want to
      >know is:
      >
      >1) How often does this happen?

      I'm not surprised it happens to Alan - it happens to me as well.

      Which reminds me of a (supposedly true) story...

      A divorced father on the East Coast had arranged for his six-year-old
      daughter to call him several times a week after 11:00 her time (which was 2
      AM his time) when the long-distance rates were much lower. One day her call
      came a few minutes late, but she was absolutely thrilled.

      "Daddy, I just talked to Jesus!"

      "You...you did? What makes you think that?"

      "I just tried to call you, but I think I got a wrong number. A man
      answered and he sounded sleepy, and I thought he was you, but he said he
      wasn't. So I asked him, 'Who ARE you?' and he said 'Jesus!' and hung up."

      Rich