Re: [alanmoore] New Supreme

  • gsstro@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 1969
      Hi all,

      There are suppossed to be two more Moore issues of Supreme. The story centers around a war between the Supremes from the Supremacy and the Darius Daxes from Daxia.

      There are also suppossed to be 5 more Glory stories that have been written and 3 more Youngbloods. Also the Allies that Moore plotted.
    • John Dorrian
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
        Hi, gang...

        Anybody interested in yapping about the latest Supreme? This may well be the
        last one we ever see. It's certainly the last one Rick Veitch has
        contributed any work towards...

        John D.

        Say Bye to Slow Internet!
        http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
      • Christopher Shumway
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
          On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, John Dorrian wrote:

          > Hi, gang...
          >
          > Anybody interested in yapping about the latest Supreme? This may well be the
          > last one we ever see. It's certainly the last one Rick Veitch has
          > contributed any work towards...

          If that's the last script Awesome owns, I'm not sorry to see it end. I
          think Moore's creative energy should be utilised by companies that can
          give it the treatment it deserves. I mean, it's insulting how little
          work is put into each issue by Liefeld & crew. The last pages of this
          issue are ridiculous--Liefield can't even draw a wine glass, and I'm
          tired of the lack of backgrounds, and inking, and let's not even talk
          about the shipping schedule. (Where's the hardcover? A TPB?)

          If Moore has more Superman stories to tell, he can either use the big guy
          himself or just create another analogue.

          P.S. There's an ad in the back for Glory #1, so I guess they still have a
          stack of Moore's cocktail napkins to abuse.

          --
          Christopher W. Shumway
          shumway@...

          Softline International, Inc.
        • Alt_Real
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
            The newest Supreme was of course a loving tribute to
            Jack Kirby and Veitch's art was amazing! Fortunately
            LIEfeld didn't do too much of the art in this issue or
            the cover! I hope I'm wrong, but I also understand that
            this will be the last Moore Supreme we'll see. The hard-
            cover was cancelled (no reason was given and a few months
            ago someone from Awesome said that they received
            good order numbers for it) and now there's supposed
            to be a softcover coming out in August collecting 41-
            46. I sadly doubt that'll happen. Also where's the Supreme
            statue that was supposed to be out in June? Well I'm
            glad we got the issues of Supreme that we did get
            (especially the Radar issue and this Kirby tribute) and
            of course we get a good Moore dosage over at ABC!

            This Thursday (July 6, delivery day because of Fourth of
            July) look for Promethea #9, it's incredible! This book
            was good out of the gate, but it's just picking up momentum!

            Ralph Mathieu
            Alternate Reality Comics
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.altrealitycomics.com
          • John Dorrian
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2000
              On Sun, 2 Jul 2000 12:39:48 -0700, alanmoore@egroups.com wrote:

              > The newest Supreme was of course a loving tribute to
              > Jack Kirby and Veitch's art was amazing! Fortunately
              > LIEfeld didn't do too much of the art in this issue or
              > the cover! I hope I'm wrong, but I also understand that
              > this will be the last Moore Supreme we'll see. The hard-
              > cover was cancelled (no reason was given and a few months
              > ago someone from Awesome said that they received
              > good order numbers for it) and now there's supposed
              > to be a softcover coming out in August collecting 41-
              > 46. I sadly doubt that'll happen. Also where's the Supreme
              > statue that was supposed to be out in June? Well I'm
              > glad we got the issues of Supreme that we did get
              > (especially the Radar issue and this Kirby tribute) and
              > of course we get a good Moore dosage over at ABC!
              >
              > This Thursday (July 6, delivery day because of Fourth of
              > July) look for Promethea #9, it's incredible! This book
              > was good out of the gate, but it's just picking up momentum!
              >
              > Ralph Mathieu
              > Alternate Reality Comics
              > Las Vegas, NV
              > www.altrealitycomics.com

              Hey, Ralph...

              I'm greatly looking forward to the new Promethea, and the last issue of the
              1st LOEG miniseries will be out at the end of July as well. Plenty of
              goodies to anticipate this month, isn't there?

              As for Supreme, I agree with your comments. The Kirby tribute was lovely - I
              particularly liked the Dr. Doom/Annihilus character - and Veitch's art was
              wonderful. The rest of the art stunk, though. Poor Rob. Heh, heh.

              When I asked him about it at Comicon, Veitch was unsure about further
              scripts. He seemed to think there might be one more fully completed by
              Moore. New Jack City was the last work Veitch had contributed to Supreme,
              though. So God knows what kind of art to expect, even if Liefield has
              another Moore Supreme to churn out. (Or if Alan finds the time to complete
              the story.) Strangely, though it'd be nothing but an unwanted distraction by
              this point, I'd still like to see Alan somehow finish this story. There were
              only two issues to go, anyway.

              Of course, there are those Glory and Youngblood scripts to exploit once
              Liefield's done with Supreme...

              john D.

              Say Bye to Slow Internet!
              http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
            • Michael Norwitz
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2000
                On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, John Dorrian wrote:

                > Strangely, though it'd be nothing but an unwanted distraction by
                > this point, I'd still like to see Alan somehow finish this story. There were
                > only two issues to go, anyway.

                Yeah ... it's well known I loath the series, but even I think it would be
                a shame if Moore never got to finish the story, especially when he's so
                close to the finish line.

                As for Year Three, he could probably whip up the complete scripts in a
                long weekend, but maybe for the sanity of all concerned it's best if
                Liefeld not spend another decade getting them all out.

                > Of course, there are those Glory and Youngblood scripts to exploit once
                > Liefield's done with Supreme...

                I never even saw them at the comics shops. My ideal format would be a
                trade paperback collection of all the Glory and Youngblood material yet
                published, and then a continuing AWESOME ADVENTURES series which runs the
                pair of them as a twofer (with maybe the occasional other Moore strip or
                even reprint if there's stuff he doesn't want to fit into TOMORROW
                STORIES). But, that's not gonna happen.

                "She always had a terrific sense of humor" Mikel Midnight
                (Valerie Solonas, as described by her mother)
                blaklion@...
                __________________________________________________http://www.best.com/~blaklion
              • Alt_Real
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2000
                  A good thing to keep in mind when talking about
                  any Moore books coming from Awesome (or any
                  book at all really from this troubled company) is that
                  a lot of books are SUPPOSED to come out. But
                  I sadly wouldn't bet on any more Supreme's or even
                  seeing any of the Glorys.

                  Ralph Mathieu
                  Alternate Reality Comics
                  Las Vegas, NV
                  www.altrealitycomics.com
                • Ian McLean
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 9, 2000
                    > > Of course, there are those Glory and Youngblood scripts to exploit once
                    > > Liefield's done with Supreme...
                    >
                    >I never even saw them at the comics shops.

                    That would be because they've never been released, although there was a
                    preview of the first issue of Glory available.

                    I'd like to see a collection of the Judgement Day miniseries Moore did,
                    mainly because there was an extra story he did for a convention special
                    which was supposed to be included in the paperback. Ah well...

                    Andrew