Re: Fashion Beast

  • Alan Moore-Junkie
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 17, 2013
      I never read the film script despite having a copy of it saved to my computer but I feel that several things must have been changed because this story had none of the Alan Moore flare that I have come to know and expect. Tons of build up no pay off. If this is exactly what he desired I would go as far as saying this is his most disappoi nting work
    • Michael Norwitz
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 22, 2013
        On Aug 21, 2013, at 5:32 PM, trevorinchmale wrote:

        > I haven't read the adaptation, but I have recently read the original script. I found it fairly interesting, though obviously nowhere near as enjoyable or impressive as his better known works.
        >
        > I suppose it's hardly surprising if the adaptation is below par, as it was never intended to be a comic, and Moore would have written it with the audio-visual aspects firmly in mind.

        Granted, but on the other hand, at least was written with a visual representation in mind; I think it is several layers of quality (does it come in layers?) over adaptations of his prose, which usually involves excessive captioning.

        > Does the collection feature any extras that aren't in the regular series?

        There are some spot illustrations and a cover gallery, which I -assume- were all present in the comic, but it's possible some of it is new. I believe the only 'extra' is Moore introduction, if you want to call it that.