Re: Mark of the Beast 13?

  • matrixsport2002
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 28, 2013
      Eric,

      666 #13 has the "Monster" story in it for sure - I own it and pulled the book to double-check. And it's actually listed in my bibliography at enjolrasworld.com, under the date 2/93. It's not particularly worth owning unless you're an absolute completist.

      Long ago, I remember going through most of the 666 issues at a local comic store, and I do not recall any of Moore's material in issue #12 (unless it was uncredited and I just missed it...)

      Best,
      Michael

      --- In alanmoore@yahoogroups.com, Eric Berlatsky <jber1@...> wrote:

      > Thanks smoky,
      >
      > Looking at the enjolras bib, #13 isn¹t even listed and #12 is said to
      > include a story called ³Monster²--but it says only the first 4 pages are
      > actually by Moore.
      >
      > Does anyone actually own these comics? I think it¹s this discrepancy that
      > made me hesitant to spend money on it in the first place.

      > On 2/28/13 7:18 AM, "smoky man" <smoky_man@...> wrote:
      >

      > > From Khoury's book:
      > >
      > > 666: MARK OF THE BEAST #12 ­ (Reprinting of 2000AD material)
      > >
      > > 666: MARK OF THE BEAST #13 ­ 1993 (Reprinting of IPC¹s Monsters #1 story &
      > > 2000AD material)
      > >
      > > smok!

    • cunning_magee
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 28, 2013
        Here's the link to Jess Nevins' annotations:

        http://jessnevins.com/annotations/heartofice.html
      • PAUL EVANS
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 2013
          Most of the quotes from Moore in this article are so familiar that it took me quite a while to decide if they were taken from old interviews or a new one. But I think the line about Jerusalem's "33rd chapter is going to be in verse" is new:

          http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2013/0302/1224330675844.html