Re: [alanmoore] Marvel trademarks 'Kimota'

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
      The short answer on the use of Kimota is that since this was a
      preexisting use of the name, AND the book is more or less a commentary
      on Miracle/Marvelman, its use is probably fine. Much as the word
      "Superman" is used in the title of many non-DC commentaries on Superman.

      Probably.

      And that doesn't mean Marvel wouldn't take legal action anyway. It's
      doubtful, but given the blind, bullheadedness of both Marvel and DC's
      legal teams in the past, I wouldn't put anything past them...

        And two questions: What's the story behind Kimota 2nd edition? Any news
        concerning Pádraig's book about MM?

      • Flavio Pessanha