before Before Watchmen

  • smoky man
    Message 1 of 12 , May 5, 2012
    • Kumar Sivasubramanian
      Message 2 of 12 , May 7, 2012
        http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/07/league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-vinyl-be-finally-published-by-gosh-comics/

        Because some of us elsewhere are now dizzy and about to fall over in desperation / envy.

        KS
      • Pádraig Ó Méalóid
        Message 3 of 12 , May 7, 2012
          I'm in Ireland, but someone has told me he's going to buy me a copy of the hardback Black Dossier with the single in it from Gosh!, as a gift. Which is fantastic, obviously. However, I'm going to see what else I can find out about this, from various sources. While it's great to see this finally published, there are a lot of the faithful who don't live in the UK, let alone within hailing distance of Gosh!. I imagine that there are copyright and jurisdictional issues at play here, though.

          I do remember Todd Klein did at one stage say he'd done the design work for the labels for both sides of the single, so if they're not on the actual version being released, I'd hope we might still get to see them. Another question to look into!

          I'll let you know what I find out, Kumar.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 7, 2012
            I would like to get a copy, any British gentleman that can help me?
            let me know...

            smok!

            Message 5 of 12 , May 7, 2012
              I, too, would be quite interested in purchasing this item...
            • Kevin
              Message 6 of 12 , May 8, 2012
                I'd like to throw my hat into the requests, also...but I understand if
                no one can do it.

                Best,

                Kevin

                Message 7 of 12 , May 8, 2012
                  I bet that Uncle Alan is laughing his giant hairy bollocks off at this.

                  I bet he loves the idea of making people go to an actual shop to buy something they want instead of instantly ordering it over the net at the press of a mouse. :)

                  I'm often in Gosh so if you're really stuck for a copy then email me off list and I'll see what I can do. (As long as it's not like 150 people.) Priority will be given to folks who have helped me out in the past.

                  My Best,

                  Andy
                • Pádraig Ó Méalóid
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 8, 2012
                    I don't wish to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it seems you can only get a copy of the single when you buy the hardcover of Black Dossier, which costs £22.50. I've been told they're produced 1000 copies of the thing, though, so they must have other plans for it, as I doubt they're going to have a pile of 1000 BD HBs.

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 8, 2012
                      Padraig, you and I have been at this game long enough to know that for some of us 22.50 is swallowable for a future-availability-uncertain piece of Moore memorabilia. I've spent a lot more on a lot less!

                      KS

                      To: alanmoore@yahoogroups.com
                      From: pomealoid@...
                      Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:11:04 -0700
                      Subject: Re: [alanmoore] Re: So, who here shops at Gosh Comics?

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 8, 2012
                        I will wait the MP3 (hehe)

                        I live in Buenos Aires, but would be great be in London just for see Uncle Alan.

                        Fabio

                        To: alanmoore@yahoogroups.com
                        From: pomealoid@...
                        Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:11:04 -0700

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 9, 2012

                           I'd be surprised if a bundle didn't show up in ebay.co.uk - I'm sure there's lots of people who live close enough to Gosh to justify schlepping, in person,to buy multiple copies, and lots of people far afield who would happily pay way above cost price to get a copy hassle-free...

                          To: alanmoore@yahoogroups.com
                          From: pomealoid@...
                          Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:11:04 -0700

                          --

                           ryan

                           Despising,
                          For you, the city, thus I turn my back:
                          There is a world elsewhere.

                        • ctowner1@gmail.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 1, 2012
                            don't think I've seen this posted here...pretty funny...

                            L nny