New Alan Moore Biography in 2013

  • slovobooks
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
      Lance Parkin, who wrote 'The Essential Alan Moore,' published back in 2001, is working on a full-length, proper literary biography of Alan. There's a piece about it on his blog, where he addresses questions like what the difference is between the new work and his previous work, and indeed the difference between what he wants to do and what Gary Spencer Millidge recently did:

      http://lanceparkin.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/alan-moore-the-biography/

      I've been fortunate enough to see some of this, and I can promise you all that this is going to be a good book, and an important book.

      I should also point out that it's due for publication in November 2013, coinciding nicely with Alan Moore's 60th Birthday on the 18th of November that year.

      Best,
      Pádraig
    • smoky man
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
        Fantastic news!!!
        It's something I would like to be able to write by myself. :)

        I'm very excited to read it.

        smok!

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
          Preview pages for Supreme 63 Can’t say I’m thrilled by the art...but certainly sounds like Alan

          http://www.imagecomics.com/previews/0047/1
        • Pádraig Ó Méalóid
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
            It's just not the same when it isn't Chris Sprouse...

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
              No, it's not.  On the other hand, this is a transition issue, so maybe it's appropriate.

              So is Liefeld simply going to sit on the other scripts for another decade, or what?

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
                On Fri, Mar 2nd, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Michael Norwitz <michael@...> wrote:

                > No, it's not. On the other hand, this is a transition issue, so maybe
                > it's appropriate.
                >
                > So is Liefeld simply going to sit on the other scripts for another
                > decade, or what?

                Glory's already been restarted in this current round of Extreme revivals*,
                continuing from a previous numbering, so the Moore version is off the table.
                And Liefeld has started and abandoned FIVE (5!) different versions of
                Youngblood *since* the abandoned Moore/Skroce version - plus having Joe Casey
                re-script and re-arrange the original Malibu/Image material; I'm not sure if
                this was finished or also abandoned partway through. So the chances he has
                any interest in continuing that version are as slim as it actually coming out
                if he did annouce it.

                *If anyone doesn't know but would be interested, Prophet is being written
                (and, in a future issue, drawn) by Brandon Graham, as a 2000AD/Metal
                Hurlant-esque world-building sci-fi grotesquerie.
              • K. A. Laity
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2012
                  Drink Tank special issue I saw the proofs for the new Drink Tank issue devoted to reactions to Before Watchmen. Looks like it will be fun. And a nice acrylic cover that’s a hoot (and a tad bit unsettling).