Anyone get LOEG Omnibus?

  • godels_dead
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
      Is this the first two, or all 3, that DC published?

      I have the hardcovers of all 3 and the Absolute editions - is there any content in the Omnibus edition that is not in those? I do remember that the funny retro ads and letters pages were not collected in any of the earlier editions.

      Thanks!

      Ray vdG
    • Pádraig Ó Méalóid
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
        According to the listing on the DC site, it's just the first two volumes of League. There's no mention of anything else, so I imagine this is just DC trying to make a few more bucks from Moore's work.

      • ctowner1@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
          I forget..is loeg 3 the same as the black dossier, is Century another
          name for loeg 4? Or is century loeg 3, and black dossier stands
          alone?

          L nny

          On 11/3/11, godels_dead <godels_dead@...> wrote:
          > Is this the first two, or all 3, that DC published?
          >
          > I have the hardcovers of all 3 and the Absolute editions - is there any
          > content in the Omnibus edition that is not in those? I do remember that the
          > funny retro ads and letters pages were not collected in any of the earlier
          > editions.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Ray vdG

          Sent from my mobile device
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
            Black Dossier stands alone, Moore & O'Neill are very clear that Century is
            Volume 3.

            Todd Klein and O'Neill have noted some oddities and shoddiness about the
            omnibus on Klein's blog: http://kleinletters.com/Blog/?p=17009

          • ctowner1@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
              Thanks....then pretty clear the omnibus couldn't contain 3, given its
              unfinished.

              L nny

              On 11/3/11, Chris <mute@...> wrote:

              > Black Dossier stands alone, Moore & O'Neill are very clear that Century is
              > Volume 3.
              >
              > Todd Klein and O'Neill have noted some oddities and shoddiness about the
              > omnibus on Klein's blog: http://kleinletters.com/Blog/?p=17009
              >

              > On Fri, Nov 4th, 2011 at 8:49 AM, ctowner1@... wrote:
              >
              >> I forget..is loeg 3 the same as the black dossier, is Century another
              >> name for loeg 4? Or is century loeg 3, and black dossier stands
              >> alone?

              >> L nny
              >>
              >> On 11/3/11, godels_dead <godels_dead@...> wrote:
              >> > Is this the first two, or all 3, that DC published?
              >> >
              >> > I have the hardcovers of all 3 and the Absolute editions - is there any
              >> > content in the Omnibus edition that is not in those? I do remember that
              >> the
              >> > funny retro ads and letters pages were not collected in any of the
              >> earlier
              >> > editions.
              >> >
              >> > Thanks!
              >> >
              >> > Ray vdG

              >> --
              >> Sent from my mobile device

              Sent from my mobile device
            • Jay Eales
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
                Well, that and that Volume 3 isn't published by DC... : )

                Jay

                On 11/3/11, Chris <mute@...> wrote:

                > Black Dossier stands alone, Moore & O'Neill are very clear that Century is
                > Volume 3.
                >
                > Todd Klein and O'Neill have noted some oddities and shoddiness about the
                > omnibus on Klein's blog: http://kleinletters.com/Blog/?p=17009
                >

                > On Fri, Nov 4th, 2011 at 8:49 AM, ctowner1@... wrote:
                >
                >> I forget..is loeg 3 the same as the black dossier, is Century another
                >> name for loeg 4? Or is century loeg 3, and black dossier stands
                >> alone?

                >> L nny
                >>
                >> On 11/3/11, godels_dead <godels_dead@...> wrote:
                >> > Is this the first two, or all 3, that DC published?
                >> >
                >> > I have the hardcovers of all 3 and the Absolute editions - is there any
                >> > content in the Omnibus edition that is not in those? I do remember that
                >> the
                >> > funny retro ads and letters pages were not collected in any of the
                >> earlier
                >> > editions.
                >> >
                >> > Thanks!
                >> >
                >> > Ray vdG

                >> --
                >> Sent from my mobile device

                Sent from my mobile device

                --
                http://www.factorfictionpress.co.uk
                http://www.britishfantasysociety.org
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
                  Haha! Good point!

                  L nny

                  --
                  Sent from my mobile device
                • cunning_magee
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
                    Wasn't the Omnibus supposed to include the record Moore originally did for the Black Dossier? Or was that just an unsubstantiated rumor?

                    John D.
                  • Pádraig Ó Méalóid
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
                      I don't recall hearing anything about the record being with this, either. As it was DC's legal department that shot it down in the first place, I imagine it's unlikely they're going to decide to include it now. And it was to have been with the Black Dossier, so it's unlikely to be included in an omnibus that doesn't include that.