Moore on Moorcock at SFWA

  • fourinone2002
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      Linked from Boing Boing, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and other prominent
      writers supplied some brief words about Michael Moorcock, who was
      being honored by the Science Fiction Writers of America by being named
      as their 25th Grandmaster:

      http://www.boingboing.net/

      "And finally, we have a few words from an author beloved by every
      creator I know...as a fellow professional once said, 'We all worship
      him as a god, but at the end of the day, he bows to Moorcock.' The
      creator of WATCHMEN, V FOR VENDETTA, and THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY
      GENTLEMEN -- Alan Moore.

      Alan -- 'Michael Moorcock is a wonder of the world, a colossus of
      Brookgate straddling his ancient city in a sentence. He's a literary
      zeppelin commander who has never lost his faith in, nor completely
      left, the underground; the ultimate outsider just by virtue of his
      altitude above the herd. He scattered universes, planted movements,
      sowed the seeds of all the authors who came after him, like dragon's
      teeth. His intellect and his inventiveness are only equalled by his
      insight, by his great compassion. From the deadline-plagued pulp
      sweatshops of his origins to Mother London's dizzy pinnacles, Moorcock
      is the Eternal Writer.' "
    • fabio blanco
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008

        And here's the permalink:
        http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/01/writers-honor-michae.html

        Fabio

        fourinone2002 escribió:

        Linked from Boing Boing, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and other prominent
        writers supplied some brief words about Michael Moorcock, who was
        being honored by the Science Fiction Writers of America by being named
        as their 25th Grandmaster:

      • Bryan Hollerbach
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2008
          Thanks for posting that permalink, Fabio! I'd previously tried it--both through email and through Boing Boing, which I receive by feed--but I kept getting gobbledegook. Now I've got something to read tonight...

          Bry

          Bryan A. Hollerbach, Managing Editor

          St. Louis Magazine and St. Louis Magazine’s AT HOME

          1600 South Brentwood Boulevard, Suite 550

          St. Louis, Missouri 63144-9928

          314.918.3036 | bhollerbach@...

          www.stlmag.com | www.stlmagathome.com