unearthing...

  • Bryan Galatis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2007
      In this case, the love who "got in touch," is the goddess Selene.
      So not your average love story.

      Does sound like Avatar as it's another comic adaptation of a non-comics work.
      Ah well.

      > [image: [Yellow Light]]"Unearthing" is a new Alan Moore comic book,
      > based on the same-titled short story published in "London - City of
      > Disappearances. " That story, about fellow writer Steve Moore, touched on
      > the subject of Steve Moore's undeclared love. Who then got in touch.

      Hazarding a guess: is this another Avatar project? Which doesn't mean I
      won't get it.

    • notch
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2007
        "ah well"

        Are you assuming that it will be like the yuggoth cultures works that are simply  based on ideas  of  Alans?,and are a bit of a let down....

        The difference with this is that it is a fully realised Alan Moore story.  And one heck of a good one at that!.

        On Dec 2, 2007 3:26 AM, Bryan Galatis <bryangalatis@...> wrote:

        In this case, the love who "got in touch," is the goddess Selene.
        So not your average love story.

        Does sound like Avatar as it's another comic adaptation of a non-comics work.
        Ah well.

        > [image: [Yellow Light]]"Unearthing" is a new Alan Moore comic book,
        > based on the same-titled short story published in "London - City of
        > Disappearances. " That story, about fellow writer Steve Moore, touched on
        > the subject of Steve Moore's undeclared love. Who then got in touch.

        Hazarding a guess: is this another Avatar project? Which doesn't mean I
        won't get it.

      • Michael Norwitz
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2007
          On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, notch wrote:

          > "ah well"
          >
          > Are you assuming that it will be like the yuggoth cultures works that
          > are simply based on ideas of Alans?,and are a bit of a let down....
          >
          > The difference with this is that it is a fully realised Alan Moore
          > story. And one heck of a good one at that!.

          I think he means "ah well" simply in that it is not new material from
          Moore, but rather an adaptation of existing material. For my part (as I
          said in the leadup to my getting the Hypothetical Lizard adaptation), I
          have yet to be awed by Moore's non-comics prose, so will probably buy an
          adaptation of a short story (not a novel, though, something strikes me as
          somehow 'wrong' in that, although I know the distinction is irrational on
          my part).

          Mikel Midnight
          "You will die, sir, either on the gallows or from the
          pox." (John Montagu, fourth Earl of Sandwich)
          "That depends, sir, on whether I embrace your principles
          or your mistress." (John Wilkes, sometime friend of his
          and rakish member of the aristocracy)

          blaklion@...
          ___________________________________________________http://blaklion.best.vwh.net
        • furioso2012
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
            IIRC, Moore is supposed to write an OGN for Avatar. I took this to
            mean that he would be providing full script, rather than use a
            collaborator/adapter. Not sure if "Unearthing" is that OGN, but maybe
            it is?
          • notch
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
              There IS the horror project that is driving Jacen Burrows insane......

              On Dec 3, 2007 8:35 AM, furioso2012 <mark-parsons@...