Fashion Beast

  • Michael Norwitz
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 1, 2004
      Who owns the copyright to the script? Alan Moore or the producer?

      If the former, anyone with an inside at Avatar who thinks it might be
      worthwhile to adapt as a comic?

      Mikel Midnight
      "You will die, sir, either on the gallows or from the
      pox." (John Montagu, fourth Earl of Sandwich)
      "That depends, sir, on whether I embrace your principles
      or your mistress." (John Wilkes, sometime friend of his
      and rakish member of the aristocracy)

      blaklion@...
    • Michael Norwitz
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 22, 2013
        On Aug 21, 2013, at 5:32 PM, trevorinchmale wrote:

        > I haven't read the adaptation, but I have recently read the original script. I found it fairly interesting, though obviously nowhere near as enjoyable or impressive as his better known works.
        >
        > I suppose it's hardly surprising if the adaptation is below par, as it was never intended to be a comic, and Moore would have written it with the audio-visual aspects firmly in mind.

        Granted, but on the other hand, at least was written with a visual representation in mind; I think it is several layers of quality (does it come in layers?) over adaptations of his prose, which usually involves excessive captioning.

        > Does the collection feature any extras that aren't in the regular series?

        There are some spot illustrations and a cover gallery, which I -assume- were all present in the comic, but it's possible some of it is new. I believe the only 'extra' is Moore introduction, if you want to call it that.