Re: [alamo_rocketeers] Jan Launch, SNAP Launch, Feb Launch and DARS contest

  • Stuart Young
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
      John,

      I can't make this Saturday; I have some relatives having a 50th wedding anniversary party that day.

      As for the March road trip, my initial reaction is wishy-washy.  I greatly enjoyed the contests at our launches; but I suspect that the long waits while a bunch of strangers launch their entries would, quite frankly, be boring for me.

      Will there be anything else happening at that launch besides competitions?

      We missed you, too, last Saturday.

      -Stu

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
        Todd,

        Talk about cold...;-)

        -Stu

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
          Gil,

          A Snap launch is a launch which is in addition to our monthly launch. We
          have them from time to time when there is enough interest and a club officer
          can be present.

          BR = bathroom. We don't have any comfort facilities at the field in China
          Grove, it's a cow pasture, so it takes some actual intestinal fortitude
          for some of us older guys to make it through a launch. If John had a "CATO"
          it would be a safety issue for all of us. :)

          Art Applewhite

          In a message dated 1/11/2011 10:40:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
          gilv_58@... writes:

          Sorry for the newbie questions

          What is a SNAP launch? I missed the launch in Jan and trying to figure out
          if I
          should make an effort to attend. No BR?? what is a BR and why the safety
          concern?

          Never been to a launch and trying rocketry for the first time. Awating the
          arrival of my first rocket kit early next week I hope.

          Gil V.

        • John Lee
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
            Gil,

            Welcome to the Alamo Rocketeers. I hope to get to meet you soon.

            Art pretty much answered everything, I hope. I was having some
            intestinal problems requiring having plumbing facilities close at hand
            so I could not make it...but I didn't want to raise a stink about it....

            Hope to see you soon.

            JAL

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
              I've finally gone a "safe" period without running towards the pipes.

              SO is ANYONE interested in a SNAP launch on Saturday?

              JAL

              From: alamo_rocketeers@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:alamo_rocketeers%40yahoogroups.com>

              From: alamo_rocketeers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 12, 2011
                I'm out of town this weekend, so count me out. Sorry.

                - Dale

                On 1/11/2011 11:27 PM, John Lee wrote:

                > I've finally gone a "safe" period without running towards the pipes.
                >
                > SO is ANYONE interested in a SNAP launch on Saturday?
                >
                > JAL
                >
                > From: alamo_rocketeers@yahoogroups.com

                -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                Dale& Lora Marshall Internet Marketing Services
                http://www.SpottedDragon.com/ http://www.internet-ms.com
                marshall@... dalem@...
                loram@...
                -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
              • Stuart Young
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 12, 2011
                  Drum riff...cymbal.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 12, 2011
                    Stop with the potty humor, y'all!  It's starting to "piss" me off!  ;-)

                    -Stu

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 12, 2011
                      Don’t get your undies in a wad!

                      JAL

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 12, 2011
                        I up for a snap launch!

                        Andrew

                        =========

                        They Came To Take The Jews And I Said Nothing

                        They Came To Take The Roman Catholics And I Said Nothing

                        They Came To Take The Philosophers And I Said Nothing

                        They Came To Take Me And No One Said Anything

                        D. Bonhoeffer