RE: [alamo_rocketeers] Re: NOV/DEC launches

  • Stuart Young
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 16, 2009
      Todd,

      I like the "most unusual flight" idea.  You know how we always kidded Tim about being the streamer duration champion?  Well, when it comes to "most unusual flight" - I OWN that category!

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 16, 2009
        I just came up with a "most unusual flight" idea.  How about a reenactment of the implosion of the first full-up Vanguard test flight?  The Scouts will be able to witness a rerun of one of the most humiliating events in America's history.

        John always said that I was more of a "Vanguard type of guy"...

        Or, I could cluster the escape tower on my Mercury Redstone.  I would put the whole stack on the pad as though I intended to fly the stack; but at ignition, only the escape tower and the Mercury would fly!  A replay of another "oops" NASA moment from November 21, 1960.

        I like the "most unusual flight" idea.  You know how we always kidded Tim about being the streamer duration champion?  Well, when it comes to "most unusual flight" - I OWN that category!

        Is it too late to decide on flying the 1st Sat of Nov and not tell the
        Scouts? Just kidding.
        That many cars will constitute a parking problem, You're going to need to
        set up stakes and ribbons for spectator parking and the spectator viewing
        line.
        I hope you forewarn the landlord.

        Re; December. 1st Sat is fine by me.

        Ken

        --- In alamo_rocketeers@ <mailto:alamo_ rocketeers% 40yahoogroups. com>
        yahoogroups. com, "John Lee" <john@...> wrote:

        > Actually, I told them to listen for a call of heads up. Everyone pays
        > attention. I didn't mention you by name.
        >
        > JAL
        >
        > ____________ _________ _________ __
        >
        > From: alamo_rocketeers@ <mailto:alamo_ rocketeers% 40yahoogroups. com>
        yahoogroups. com

        20:39:00

      • Todd
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 16, 2009
          And the beauty in all this, they won't have a clue as to which ones were
          intentional.... or not.... So long as we all keep a straight face... and
          keep our stories straight... :)

          _____

          --- On Fri, 10/16/09, Stuart Young <darley1999@sbcgloba

          From: Stuart Young <darley1999@sbcgloba <mailto:darley1999%40sbcglobal.net>
          l.net>
          To: alamo_rocketeers@ <mailto:alamo_rocketeers%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com

          Is it too late to decide on flying the 1st Sat of Nov and not tell the
          Scouts? Just kidding.
          That many cars will constitute a parking problem, You're going to need to
          set up stakes and ribbons for spectator parking and the spectator viewing
          line.
          I hope you forewarn the landlord.

          Re; December. 1st Sat is fine by me.

          Ken

          --- In alamo_rocketeers@ <mailto:alamo_ rocketeers% 40yahoogroups. com>
          yahoogroups. com, "John Lee" <john@...> wrote:

          > Actually, I told them to listen for a call of heads up. Everyone pays
          > attention. I didn't mention you by name.
          >
          > JAL

          > From: alamo_rocketeers@ <mailto:alamo_ rocketeers% 40yahoogroups. com>
          yahoogroups. com

          20:39:00