APS August 2013 Field Trip Announcement

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2013
      Hello APS,
      I will simply send out this field trip announcement as a post now and a reminder on Friday. The information is below.

      Meeting Place: Jack's in Locust Fork, AL
      Time to Depart Meeting Place: 9:00 am
      Site: Caves in Blount County area to search terrace deposits for Pleistocene mammal fossils.
      Age: Pleistoncene Epoch
      Type of Site: Natural caves and cave deposits.
      Special Notes: Please e-mail me at ichnofossil@... and let me know if you are going. Group size may be a factor in determining which caves are on the agenda.
      What to Bring: Caving gear recommendations - clothes that can get muddy, change of fresh clothes for ride home, lights (strap on head lamp recommended along with a backup flashlight and batteries), knee & elbow pads, helment or hardhat (skateboard helments work well), camera
      Collecting gear - ziplock baggies, sharpie for labeling baggies, small digging tool
      My cell number is 205.237.9502.
      I hope to see everyone there. Again, sorry for the change, but I want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable experience. We will return to the Cretaceous of Blue Springs at a drier time.
      Cheers,
      Ashley
    • Mary Belmont