Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

APS August 2013 Field Trip

Expand Messages
  • Ashley
    Hello APS, I have been waiting as long as possible for the weather situation to play out before making a decision about Saturday. I am putting our visit to
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello APS,
      I have been waiting as long as possible for the weather situation to play out before making a decision about Saturday. I am putting our visit to Blue Springs off for another time. I've watched the weather forcasts and they have straight thunderstorms to (best case) scattered thunderstorms from now through Sunday. I've been there when it is dry and there when it is wet. It could potentially make for a miserable day if storming on us. I don't feel right about asking folks to travel two to three hours (or more for some) to get caught in a storm and to be stuck in the mud (which will surely be tough to get through this weekend).
      I have talked to Milo and he assures me that we can have a cave with potential for Pleistocene deposits. We had talked a while back about collecting some of these deposits to be searched for small mammal material. The forcast for the Blount County area says that the rain is expected to move in late pm for Saturday. If so, that could give us a window for a caving expedition. We will monitor the weather closely between now and then (espeically Saturday).
      With the above information in mind, I am changing the APS August field trip to a more local one. Look for an announcement to go out late this evening for a meeting place and time. I will also suggest what to bring - which will include standard caving gear.
      Thanks,

      Ashley
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.