Field Trip this Weekend

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2012
      Hello APS,
      Instead of a visit to the Minkin Site this weekend, there will be a Sunday Field Trip to an active coal mine. We will still have a monthly Field Trip on the 29th as well.
      Date: 16, September, Sunday
      Time: Meet by 9:00 am
      Where: The Kangaroo Convenience Store with Marathon Gas off Interstate 20/59 in Bessemer, AL Exit 108. The gas station will be on the NW side of the Interstate.
      Age: Pennsylvanian - Westphalian A (315 million years old)
      Formation: Pottsville Group
      Site Description: Active Coal Mine
      What to Look For: Coal age plants and trace fossils.
      What to Bring: Water, wrapping paper, flats, hammer & chisel

      Cheers,
      Ashley
    • lyantana
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2012
        I am sooooo excited! Plan on being there! tRIED TO DO A MPA QUEST AND IT DOESN'T COME UP CAN YOU GIVE ME THE ADDDRESS - REMEMBER i'M COMING FROM MONTGOMERY. . .