Monthly Meeting - December, 12/5/2011, 7:00 pm

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo! Group

      Title: Monthly Meeting - December

      Date: Monday December 5, 2011
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Monday.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 3 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: Birmingham Zoo Auditorium
      Notes: TOPIC: “A Geological Tour Through Alabama's Landscape Regions”

      SPEAKER: Dr. Jim Lacefield

      OVERVIEW: The title of my presentation will be "A Geological Tour Through Alabama's Landscape Regions." It will consist of a photographic road trip to all of the different landscape provinces of the state, with an explanation of how geology and geologic history has shaped the present-day geography and life of each area.

      Special Note: We had mentioned starting early - 6:30 - at the last meeting. I'll be there at 6:30 to put out some food (snack type). If you wish to come early for casual paleo-talk, that will be great. The meeting will not start until 7:00, though. I will propose we postpone the business meeting until January and move to the "Dirty Santa". For those who haven't played, Just wrap a paleo-related gift and bring it. We will put the gifts on a table and draw numbers. When your number comes up, you can pick a gift to unwrap or steal someone else's gift. A gift freezes with the third person. This is always lots of fun. I encourage everyone to participate.

      PRESENTATION TIME: 07:00pm.

      LOCATION: Birmingham Zoo -- Auditorium
      For directions to the Zoo, see their Web site at http://www.birminghamzoo.com
      Prior to the meeting everyone is invited to the optional supper at Taziki's Greek Fare in Mountain Brook near the Zoo exit, 2737 Highway 280 S, Mountain Brook, AL. (*NOT* the location farther out Highway 280). We gather there about 5:30/5:45pm.

    • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011