Monthly Meeting - February, 2/7/2011, 7:00 pm

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2011
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo! Group

      Title: Monthly Meeting - February

      Date: Monday February 7, 2011
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Monday until Saturday May 10, 2014.
      Location: Birmingham Zoo Auditorium
      Notes: TOPIC: The Blue Springs Fossil Locality: The Coon Creek beds of Mississippi

      SPEAKER: George Phillips, Curator of Paleontology, Conservation & Biodiversity Section, Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
      Be sure and bring any specimens you may have found on one of our trips to Blue Springs if you think they might be of interest. Also, any unusual echinoderms, particularly echinoids would be good to bring as that is a particular interest of his.

      PRESENTATION TIME: 07:00pm.

      LOCATION: Birmingham Zoo -- Auditorium
      For directions to the Zoo, see their Web site at http://www.birminghamzoo.com
      Prior to the meeting everyone is invited to the optional supper at Taziki's Greek Fare in Mountain Brook near the Zoo exit, 2737 Highway 280 S, Mountain Brook, AL. (*NOT* the location farther out Highway 280). We gather there about 5:30/5:45pm.