398APS March Meeting, 4/7/2014, 7:00 pm

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Apr 6, 2014
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo Group

      Title: APS March Meeting

      Date: Monday April 7, 2014
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Birmingham Zoo Auditorium
      Notes: TOPIC: "Late Cretaceous Rat Fish from Alabama"

      SPEAKER: Jun Ebersole, Director of Collections, McWane Science Center

      ABSTRACT: Rat Fish, also called Ghost Sharks, are a poorly understood group of fish in the subclass Holocephali, cartilaginous fish related to conventional sharks and rays. Their fossil record is spotty at best. Recent finds have added greatly to our knowledge of this group of cartilaginous fish in the Cretaceous of Alabama.

      PRESENTATION TIME: 7:00 pm.

      LOCATION: Birmingham Zoo -- Auditorium
      For directions to the Zoo, see the Zoos Website at http://www.birminghamzoo.com

      We will resume our informal pre-meeting dinner at Taziki's Greek Fare in January.
      **Web Address: http://alabamapaleo.org/Alabama_Paleontological_Society.html **

      Privacy | Terms