396APS March Meeting, 3/3/2014, 7:00 pm

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Feb 26, 2014
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo Group

      Title: APS March Meeting

      Date: Monday March 3, 2014
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Birmingham Zoo Auditorium
      Notes: TOPIC: "New Toxochelyid Material from the Upper Cretaceous of Alabama and the Trouble with Toxochelys: An Introduction"

      SPEAKER: Drew Gentry, BS

      ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Drew Gentry is a UAB Master's Degree student who is working under Dr. Scott Brande in collaboration with Jun Ebersole at McWane and Dr. Dana Ehret at the Alabama Museum of Natural History on the problematic taxonomy of a group of Cretaceous sea turtles classified under the genus Toxochelys. He gave a previous presentation at our monthly meeting in November 2013 entitled Pleistocene Ichnofauna of White Sands National Monument, New Mexico, which was outstanding. This overview and progress report on his masters project should be equally engaging.

      PRESENTATION TIME: 7:00 pm.

      LOCATION: Birmingham Zoo -- Auditorium
      For directions to the Zoo, see the Zoos Website at http://www.birminghamzoo.com

      We will resume our informal pre-meeting dinner at Taziki's Greek Fare in January.
      **Web Address: http://alabamapaleo.org/Alabama_Paleontological_Society.html **

      Privacy | Terms
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic