390APS January Meeting, 1/7/2014, 7:00 pm

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Jan 6, 2014
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo Group
      Title: APS January Meeting
      Date: Tuesday January 7, 2014
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Birmingham Zoo Auditorium
      Notes: SPECIAL NOTE: Please note that our meeting will be on Tuesday, January 7th. We will resume Monday meetings with our February meeting.

      TOPIC: Hunting African Sea Monsters

      SPEAKER: Michael J. Polcyn

      ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Michael J. Polcyn is the Director of the Digital Earth Sciences Laboratory at Southern Methodist University, Dallas TX. He is a vertebrate paleontologist whose current research interests include the early evolution of Mosasauroidea and adaptations in secondarily aquatic tetrapods. His research involves the application of advanced imaging techniques and other computer-based technology to problems in paleontology. His fieldwork is currently focused in Upper Cretaceous marine deposits of Angola.

      PRESENTATION TIME: 7:00 pm.

      LOCATION: Birmingham Zoo -- Auditorium
      For directions to the Zoo, see the Zoos Website at http://www.birminghamzoo.com

      We will resume our informal pre-meeting dinner at Taziki's Greek Fare in January.
      **Web Address: http://alabamapaleo.org/Alabama_Paleontological_Society.html **
      Copyright © 2014  Yahoo Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic