388Union Chapel Mine Field Trip, 12/29/2013, 8:00 am

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Dec 28, 2013
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo Group
      Title: Union Chapel Mine Field Trip
      Date: Sunday December 29, 2013
      Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Sumiton, AL Wal-Mart
      Notes: Hello APS,
      I think our last scheduled trip to the Minkin Site may have been rained out. We will try a trip this Sunday. The usual protocol and meeting time and place are mentioned below. I hope to see everyone there.

      Site: Union Chapel Mine
      Age: Pennsylvanian Period - Westphalian A (310 Ma)
      Formation: Pottsville Group
      Fossils to Look For: Vertebrate and Invertebrate traces, plant fossils, etc.
      What to Bring: Water, old newspaper or multi-purpose-paleo-paper, flats, hammer & chisel, etc.
      Protocol: Will be discussed at site.
      Copyright © 2013  Yahoo Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic