380Re: [alabamapaleo] APS November 2013 Field Trip, 11/2/2013, 9:00 am

  • Brian And Krishna
    Oct 23, 2013

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 23, 2013, at 4:02 AM, alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo Group
      Title: APS November 2013 Field Trip
      Date: Saturday November 2, 2013
      Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Meet at Sumiton, AL Wal-Mart
      Notes: Hello APS,
      I'm happy to announce our next APS Field Trip. The information is below. I hope to see everyone there.
      Date: 2, November, 2013
      Time: 9:00 AM
      Meeting Place: Sumiton, AL Wal-Mart Parking Lot See link below for Yahoo Maps page. You can just type your location in box "B" to get customized directions.

      Age: Lower Pennsylvanian Period - Westphalian-A, about 315 million years old
      Site Description: We will be in an active surface mine. Because of that, this trip is restricted to 18 years or older and members and guests. If you have a hard hat and safety glasses, it would be helpful if you can bring them. If not, the company can loan some out.
      What to Look For: Carboniferous flora - ferns, seed ferns, scale trees, other plants, trace fossils.
      What to Bring: hammer & chisel, flats, newspaper for wrapping fossils, water.
      Special Note: We will be using this event to kick off an effort to build a collection of fossils for the Birmingham Botanical Garden. This collection will be established in memory of Brad Robison. Select fossils will be going into this collection.
      If you have any questions, please give me a call at 205.237.9502.

      Copyright © 2013  Yahoo Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic