362APS Monthly Visit to Minkin Site (UCM), 7/13/2013, 7:30 am

  • alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
    Jul 11, 2013
      Reminder from: alabamapaleo Yahoo! Group

      Title: APS Monthly Visit to Minkin Site (UCM)

      Date: Saturday July 13, 2013
      Time: 7:30 am - 11:00 am (GMT+00:00)
      Location: Meet at Wal-Mart Parking Lot, Sumiton, AL
      Notes: Hello APS,
      We have our monthly visit to the Minkin Site coming up this Saturday. Details are below.
      Date: Saturday, 13, July, 2013
      Time: 7:30 a.m.
      Where: Depart Sumiton, AL Wal-Mart Parking Lot for the Minkin Site.
      Formation: Pottsville Group
      Age: Lower Pennsylvanian - Westphalian-A
      What to Look for: Trace fossils of vertebrates and invertebrates, coal age plants, some Pennsylvanian marine fossils as well.
      What to Bring: Water, Water, Water, sun screen, hammer & chisel, cardboard flats, newspaper, camera.
      Special Note: If anyone is unfamiliar with the protocol for this site, the trip leader will go over that at the sign in.