      From: Ashley <ichnofossil@...>
      To: alabamapaleo@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:28 PM
      Subject: [alabamapaleo] APS May Field Trip B

      Hello APS,
      It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I announce our APS May Field Trip B to Pride Quarry! The details are below.
      Date: 26th, May, 2013 (Sunday)
      When: Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Hardees at the intersection of Highway 72 and Highway 43. See Yahoo Map Link for details.
      http://maps.yahoo.com/businesses/?lat=34.711793s
      Formation: Pride Formation
      Age: Mississippian Period
      What to Look For: This site is known for two things in particular - a rare, Mississippian age lycopod - Winslowia tuscumbiana and early shark material. There are also marine invertebrates and burrows of good quality as well.
      Description: This is a Vulcan Materials quarry - their Pride Quarry. We will meet at the Hardees at 8:30 and leave there about 8:45. We want to sign in at 9:00 and take care of site-specific paperwork. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a hardhat and safety glasses just in case. We may also visit a couple of nearby sites if there is time and interest. My phone number is (205) 237-9502. I hope to see everyone there.
      There should be two reminders after this to go out through the automatic messages.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic