Re: [alabamahistory] Alabama History/Culture in the News: 28 Feb 2001

  • adturn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
      Edith,
      Thank you for the information.  I will try that now.
      Dianne

      researching-BOWERS, COSTNER, DUKE, MADDOX, WRIGHT
                 in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
    • Edith Shores
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
        If I were trying to find information about someone in a TB Sanitoriium in
        the 1930's, I would contact the State of Alabama Health Department.
        The email address is www.alapubhealth.org. If you are not successful on the
        internet try snail mail. The Health Department is located in Montgomery,
        AL.

        My brother-in-law was county health doctor in Coosa County in the late
        thirties. I remember going with him to take patients to a TB sanitorium,
        but I do not remember where we went.

        Edith B. Shores