Re: [alabamahistory] Alabama History/Culture in the News: 28 Feb 2001

  • Edith Shores
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
      If I were trying to find information about someone in a TB Sanitoriium in
      the 1930's, I would contact the State of Alabama Health Department.
      The email address is www.alapubhealth.org. If you are not successful on the
      internet try snail mail. The Health Department is located in Montgomery,
      AL.

      My brother-in-law was county health doctor in Coosa County in the late
      thirties. I remember going with him to take patients to a TB sanitorium,
      but I do not remember where we went.

      Edith B. Shores
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
        Edith,
        Thank you for the information.  I will try that now.
        Dianne

        researching-BOWERS, COSTNER, DUKE, MADDOX, WRIGHT
                   in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee