Re: [alabamahistory] Alabama History/Culture in the News: 28 Feb 2001

  • adturn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hello,
      I have been contacted by someone wanting to find the name of a TB sanitarium
      in Jefferson Co. where a black woman could have gone in the 1930s.  Do you
      know how I could find this information for them?
      Thank you
      Dianne

      researching-BOWERS, COSTNER, DUKE, MADDOX, WRIGHT
                 in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
    • adturn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
        Edith,
        Thank you for the information.  I will try that now.
        Dianne

        researching-BOWERS, COSTNER, DUKE, MADDOX, WRIGHT
                   in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
      • Edith Shores
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
          If I were trying to find information about someone in a TB Sanitoriium in
          the 1930's, I would contact the State of Alabama Health Department.
          The email address is www.alapubhealth.org. If you are not successful on the
          internet try snail mail. The Health Department is located in Montgomery,
          AL.

          My brother-in-law was county health doctor in Coosa County in the late
          thirties. I remember going with him to take patients to a TB sanitorium,
          but I do not remember where we went.

          Edith B. Shores