New Alabama Civil War Web Site

  • Frederick Bush
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
      I have created a web site for the discussion of the Civil War in Alabama at:

      http://communities.msn.com/CivilWarAlabama.

      Currently I have added many web links related to the subject. I have also
      added several categories of photos including Civil War Alabama,
      Forts/Battlefields, Confederate Iron Furnaces, War Manufacturing Centers,
      Monuments, and Weapons. I will add documents related to the Civil War in
      Alabama in the following months. I welcome any suggestions or related
      photos and documents. Please become a member of the web page if interested.

      Erick Bush

      I am particularly interested any information on the following subjects:

      Battle of Spanish Fort
      Fort Tyler
      Battle of Ebenezer Church
      USS Tecumseh
      CSS Tennessee
      CSS Nashville (built at Montgomery)
      58th Alabama Infantry
      Battle of Athens
      Battle of Decatur
      Battle of Sand Mountain (Day's Gap)
      Castle Morgan Prison
      Selma Arsenal Cannon and Iron Plate production
      Skirmish at Pleasant Ridge (after Croxton's Raid on Tuscaloosa)
      General Richard Taylor surrender at Citronelle
      Free State of Winston
      Federal Arsenal at Mount Vernon
      First US Alabama Cavalry
      Battle of Trion, near present day Vance
      Battery Hugar
      Battery Tracy
      Building and testing of HL Hunley submarine in Mobile
    • Frederick Bush
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
        I am also interested in any Confederate Naval activity in Alabama, as well
        as Union Naval activity along the Tennessee River.