FW: historical landscapes in the South

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2001
      fyi from H-SOUTH...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Finnegan, Terence [mailto:FinneganT@...]
      Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 2:26 PM
      To: H-SOUTH@...
      Subject: historical landscapes in the South

      H-Southers may be interested in looking at the latest edition of The
      Professional Geographer (Nov 2000 issue -- but I only just today received my
      subscription copy), which includes as its Focus Section: New Memorial
      Landscapes in the American South, with

      Intro by Derek H. Alderman

      Interpreting the Civil Rights Movement: Place, Memory, and Conflict, by Owen
      J. Dwyer

      A Street Fit for a King: Naming Places and Commemoration in the American
      South, by Derek H. Alderman

      Emerging Memorial Landscapes of Labor Conflict in the Cotton Textile South,
      by Toby Moore

      LeeAnn Lands
      Acting Director
      Center for Society and Industry in the Modern South
      MC0345
      Georgia Tech
      Atlanta, GA 30332-0345
      404 385 1533