eGroups change to Yahoo!Groups

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2000
      As those subscribers who have been on the list awhile will remember, this
      discussion list began on a service called OneList, which was bought last
      year by eGroups, which has since been purchased by Yahoo!

      Got that??

      Here's the latest word from high above on the coming changeover from
      eGroups to Yahoo! ...seems that it will be pretty painless and will
      add even more features to what we already have [but don't yet use!]
      on eGroups...aj wright // ajwright@...

      Dear eGroups Member:

      We have exciting news to share with you. We want you to be among the
      first to know that eGroups and Yahoo! Clubs will be merging. The new
      service will be called Yahoo! Groups. We expect the service to launch
      early in the new year.

      WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGROUPS?

      Don't worry, all eGroups email and web addresses will continue to
      work, all data and event ownership will be maintained, and your
      entire group membership will carry over.

      Everything you love about eGroups will still be around. Yahoo! Groups
      will continue to be a free service, and all the main features you use
      now will continue to be a part of the new Groups service. We'll begin
      to internationalize Yahoo! Groups after we've launched the service in
      the United States. In the interim, you will be able to use the
      international versions of eGroups.

      WHAT'S NEW?

      Yahoo! Groups will have lots of new features and even better
      customization. Upon launch, you will be able to:

      * Chat with other group members using our improved Yahoo! Chat.
      * Add a splash of color to your group, or a main page photo, all
      without knowing HTML.
      * See when group members are online and communicate with them in real
      time using Yahoo! Messenger.
      * Reach a larger audience. You will have the entire Yahoo! Network at
      your doorstep.

      And much, much more to come!

      The best part -- you won't have to do anything to convert your group.
      This will happen automatically. All you have to do to access the
      wide array of web functionality is merge your current eGroups
      account with a Yahoo! ID when the new service launches. You don't
      need to do anything now and there will be a very easy-to-use wizard
      to help you do this when the time comes. NOTE: email-only users will
      not need a Yahoo ID.

      For a detailed FAQ on merger topics, please visit:

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/info

      On behalf of everyone here at Yahoo Groups, thanks for being a member
      of our service.