FW: [genealib] New Search Engine and Index On Line: Official Reco rds of the C.W.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2000

      From: JohnR238@... [mailto:JohnR238@...]
      Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 7:57 PM
      To: Librarians Serving Genealogists
      Subject: [genealib] New Search Engine and Index On Line

      I have put a new search engine on line to the Official Records of the
      American Civil War and a new link to the On-Line text of the O.R. at
      EHistory.com which is much easier to use than the one at Cornell U.

      The revised O.R. Index / Search Engine is at

      http://www.researchonline.net/or

      Also a brand new index - The Civil War Research Consolidated Index is now on
      line. This index incorporates into one index 164 Civil War Books and
      CD-ROMs. You'll find the person's name, and a link to the source where the
      name was found. About half of this index is related to Federal records /
      books and half to Confederate records.

      This Index is available on CD-ROM. If you want a copy for your library,
      drop
      me a note. I will ship one FREE to the first 25 requests. I do plan on
      keeping this index on line also.

      http://www.researchonline.net

      John Rigdon
      ResearchOnLine