Re: [alabamahistory] Let Us Now Discuss Famous Books

  • Mike Breedlove
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2000
      You are thinking of:
      "And Their Children After Them; The Legacy of Let Us Now Praise Famous Men", by Dale Maharidge, Michael Williamson (Contributor), Carl Mydans. A paperback version appeared in 1990 published by Pantheon books

      Michael A. Breedlove, Ph.D.
      Alabama Dept. of Archives and History
      624 Washington Avenue
      P. O. Box 300100
      Montgomery, AL 36130-0100
      334-242-4452 x238
      334-240-3125 Fax
      mbreedlo@...
      mbreedlo@...

      >>> "A.J. Wright" <a.j.wright@...> 11/15/00 12:37PM >>>
      I'm currently reading James Agee's _Let Us Now Praise Famous Men_, the
      account of Agee and photographer Walker Evans' stay among three Alabama
      sharecropping families in the 1930s...anyone care to discuss this classic??

      I seem to recall that in recent years someone published a book updating
      these families...does anyone know the author/title of that one?

      --aj wright // ajwright@...

      Archives for the list can be viewed at
      http://www.egroups.com/archive/alabamahistory