FW: [AlabamaFolklife] Center for the Study of Southern Culture Me eting in Selma, Novemb er 16

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2000
      Forwarded with Mr. McIntyre's permission...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: McIntyre, Patrick [mailto:PMcIntyre@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 4:57 PM
      To: AlabamaFolklife@egroups.com
      Subject: [AlabamaFolklife] Center for the Study of Southern Culture
      Meeting in Selma, Novemb er 16

      Greetings Everyone:

      As you may be aware, the Center for the Study of Southern Culture at the
      University of Mississippi is seeking to become one of ten national
      NEH-funded regional humanities centers. As part of their planning process,
      they are seeking input from folks like us as to what we would expect in
      terms of programs, outreach, etc. from the Deep South Humanities Center. As
      a result they are having meetings throughout the region, and it will be
      Alabama's turn on November 16th. The meeting will be held at the
      Selma-Dallas County Public Library on Broad Street and gets underway at 10
      AM.

      To register or to learn more, please go to www.olemiss.edu/depts/south/rhc.
      You may also call (662) 915-5993. And regardless of whether you will be able
      to attend the meeting, the Center would appreciate for anyone who is
      interested to fill out the "cultural survey form" located on the web site.

      Thanks to everyone for your interest and I will look forward to seeing you
      there.

      Sincerely,

      Patrick McIntyre

      Community email addresses: