FW: SOUTHERN CULTURES article on TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 8:30 AM
      fyi...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Popular Culture & American Culture Associations/H-Net Discussion
      list [mailto:H-PCAACA@...] On Behalf Of Ken Dvorak,
      AmCultStsatMecca
      Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 4:55 PM
      To: H-PCAACA@...
      Subject: SOUTHERN CULTURES article on TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

      Dear Editor,
      H-PCAACA list subscribers might be interested in Joseph Crespino's article
      on _To Kill a Mockingbird_.

      Sincerely,
      Lisa Eveleigh
      Managing Coeditor

      Summer 2000 _Southern Cultures_ TOC

      Edited by John Shelton Reed and Harry L. Watson, _Southern Cultures_ is
      published by the University of North Carolina Press for the UNC Center for
      the Study of the American South.

      Single issues and subscriptions are available through UNC Press at
      uncpress_journals@.... Visit our Web site at www.unc.edu/depts/csas/

      ARTICLES
      Letters to the Editors
      Front Porch, by Harry Watson
      The Strange Career of Atticus Finch, by Joseph Crespino
      Signs of the South: Original and Archival Photographs, collected by
      Charlie Curtis
      Again the Backward Region? Environmental History in and of the American
      South, by Otis L. Graham
      Music Recordings: The Cold Hard Truth, by Gavin James Campbell
      Up Beat, Down South: "I Don't Want Nothin' 'Bout My Life Wrote Out," by
      Patrick Huber and Kathleen Drowne

      BOOK REVIEWS
      Tim Hollis, Dixie Before Disney: 100 Years of Roadside Run
      reviewed by John Shelton Reed
      Kristen M. Smith, The Lines Are Drawn: Political Cartoons of the Civil War
      reviewed by Stephen W. Berry
      Clyde N. Wilson, editor, A Defender of Southern
      Conservatism: M.E. Bradford and His Achievements
      reviewed by Alphonse Vinh
      Fred Hobson, But Now I See: The White Southern Racial Conversion Narrative
      reviewed by Steven J. Niven
      Clay Lewis, Battlegrounds of Memory and Edward Ball, Slaves in the Family
      reviewed by Fred Hobson
      Thomas W. Hanchett, Sorting Out the New South City: Race, Class, and Urban
      Development in Charlotte, 1875-1975
      reviewed by David Goldfield
      Joanne Grant, Ella Baker: Freedom Bound
      reviewed by Edward O. Frantz
      Richard B. McCaslin, Portraits of Conflict: A Photographic History of
      North Carolina in the Civil War
      reviewed by William Harris
      Durwood Dunn, An Abolitionist in the Appalachian South: Ezekiel Birdseye
      on Slavery, Capitalism, and Separate Statehood in East Tennessee,
      1841-1846
      reviewed by Noel Fisher