Re: [alabamahistory] textile mills

  • Mark Palmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2000
      Yes, we do occasionally update the list. If you are aware of any titles that should be included, please pass on the information to me or to Rickie Brunner (rbrunner@...).

      Thanks,
      Mark Palmer

      >>> michael fitzgerald <fitz@...> 07/10/00 12:33PM >>>
      Dear List,

      Hi. Speaking of the excellent Alabama Department of Archives and History
      list of dissertations on the state's history, I notice that the last
      version of the homepage was done in 1996. Are there any plans by the
      archives periodically to update the listing?

      Thanks,

      Mike Fitzgerald
      fitz@...

      At 07:42 AM 7/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >If you haven't already you may want to check the lists of theses and
      dissertations on the website of the Alabama Department of Archvies and
      History (http://www.archives.state.al.us/whatsnew/theses/). Please note
      that they are only lists. Very few if any of the actual
      theses/dissertations will be available at the Archives.
      >Good luck.
      >Mark Palmer

      >Greetings,
      >
      >Let me try this again. I posted with the wrong subject line.
      >
      >I've been trying to locate some information on the textile mill strikes in
      >Alabama during the Great Depression-- specifically the Lanett mills in the
      >east-central part of the state. I've found some mentions of it, but was
      >wondering if there were any articles or books specificaly deveoted to the
      >working class (previously rural farmers)-- and even more specifically with
      >women and children. So far my lit search as turned up one dissertation
      >about 15 years old, and was wondering if anyone on the list knew of some
      >places I could search to supplement that.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Kyes Stevens
      >
      >Kyes Stevens
      >Women's History/Poetry
      >Sarah Lawrence College

      >Where do sports heroes like Derek Jeter, Mia Hamm,
      >Vince Carter and Peyton Manning hang out? Where else?
      >Click now and find ├Žem all here!
      >
      >Archives for the list can be viewed at
      >http://www.onelist.com/archives/alabamahistory

      >Where do sports heroes like Derek Jeter, Mia Hamm,
      >Vince Carter and Peyton Manning hang out? Where else?
      >Click now and find *em all here!
      >
      >Archives for the list can be viewed at
      >http://www.onelist.com/archives/alabamahistory

      Find long lost high school friends: