textile mills

  • Kyes Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2000
      Greetings,

      Let me try this again. I posted with the wrong subject line.

      I've been trying to locate some information on the textile mill strikes in
      Alabama during the Great Depression-- specifically the Lanett mills in the
      east-central part of the state. I've found some mentions of it, but was
      wondering if there were any articles or books specificaly deveoted to the
      working class (previously rural farmers)-- and even more specifically with
      women and children. So far my lit search as turned up one dissertation
      about 15 years old, and was wondering if anyone on the list knew of some
      places I could search to supplement that.

      Thanks,

      Kyes Stevens

      Kyes Stevens
      Women's History/Poetry