Re: [alabamahistory] William Lowndes Yancey

  • Mark Palmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      Among the William Lowndes Yancy Papers (LPR87) at the Alabama Department of Archives and History is a subseries, Speeches, 1834-1863, containing "Yancey's speeches that were presented at various political conventions and reflect his opinions on such topics as states' rights, party platforms, secession, and other contemporary issues. Also included are speeches presented to various societies and commencements, a copybook, and serial typescripts of Various Yancey papers for publication in the _Alabama Quarterly_." Available on microfilm.

      >>> <DaNptAl@...> 06/30/00 09:31AM >>>
      From another list.
      David Allen
      <<All,
      I am looking for speeches by William Lowndes Yancey. If you know where some
      are or have some please let me know.

      Thanks,>>

      Let Internet Call Manager notify you of phone calls while you're surf!
      Never feel rushed to get off-line again. Includes Caller ID and Web
      voicemail. And only $5 per month. Start your FREE trial today!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/6080/10/_/492949/_/962375490/

      Archives for the list can be viewed at
      http://www.onelist.com/archives/alabamahistory
    • Margaret Eakin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
        Here are W.L. Yancey speeches at the Center for American History at the University of Texas at Austin:

        1 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / An address to the people of Alabama. With a supplement containing two
        letters from Mr. Buchanan, and the late letter of Martin Van Buren / Montgomery (Ala.) / 1856
        329.3 Y15A PCL Stacks IN LIBRARY STORAGE FACILITY - ASK AT CIRCULATION DESK

        2 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Memoranda of the late affair of honor between Hon. T. L. Clingman, of
        North Carolina, and Hon. William L. Yancey of Alabama. / (Washington, D.C.?) / 1845
        TZZ 973.58 C616M Center for American History TXC-ZZ Collection USE IN LIBRARY ONLY

        3 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Oration on the life and character of Andrew Jackson : delivered at their
        request before the citizens of Wetumpka, Ala., on the 11th of J / Wetumpka (Ala.) / 1845
        E 382 Y294 1845 Center for American History TXC-Z Collection USE IN LIBRARY ONLY

        4 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Six speeches. / (S.l. / 1969
        MCFICHE 3488 Microforms PCL Level 1 USE IN LIBRARY ONLY

        5 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Speech of Hon. W.L. Yancey delivered in the Democratic State Convention,
        of the State of Alabama, held at Montgomery, on the 11th, 12th, / Montgomery / 1969(1860)
        MCFICHE 3487 Microforms PCL Level 1 USE IN LIBRARY ONLY

        6 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Speech of Hon. Wm. Lowndes Yancey, of Alabama, on the annexation of
        Texas to the United States : delivered in the House of Representativ / (Washington) / 1845
        F 390 Y26 1845 Center for American History TXC-ZZ Collection USE IN LIBRARY ONLY
        TZ 976.407 Y15S Center for American History TXC-Z Collection USE IN LIBRARY ONLY
        TZ 976.407 Y15S Center for American History TXC-Z Collection COPY 2 USE IN LIBRARY ONLY

        7 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Speech of the Hon. William L. Yancey, of Alabama : delivered in the National
        Democratic convention, Charleston, April 28th, 1860. With t / (Charleston, S.C.) / 1860
        E 440 Y23 Center for American History TXC-Z Collection USE IN LIBRARY ONLY

        8 Yancey, William Lowndes, 1814-1863 / Speech on the annexation of Texas to the United States; delivered in the
        House of Representatives, Jan. 7, 1845. / (Washington) / 1845

        --
        MZ