FW: H-South Announces a New Review Editor

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2000
      fyi...aj wright

      -----Original Message-----
      From: H-NET List for Southern History [mailto:H-SOUTH@...] On
      Behalf Of David Herr
      Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 3:45 PM
      To: H-SOUTH@...
      Subject: H-South Announces a New Review Editor

      Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:31:00 -0600
      From: Ian Binnington <binningt@...>

      Dear H-Southers,
      H-South is proud to announce that we have appointed a Review Editor to
      oversee the process of book reviews for the list. H-Net's database suggests
      that H-South has only ever commissioned six scholarly reviews, and in order
      to raise the level of academic discourse on the list, we feel that
      situation should change. The new editor is Ian Binnington, of the History
      Department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
      (mailto:binningt@...)

      Just as with any reputable academic journal, it is H-Net's editorial policy
      that review editors invite qualified and impartial scholars to write
      reviews. H-Net networks, like print journals, can post general appeals for
      individuals interested in reviewing for the network, but we avoid posting
      notices asking for volunteers to review individual books. Likewise,
      unsolicited reviews are also discouraged.

      If you are interested in reviewing for H-South and have not recently sent a
      message to the editors to that effect, please send an off-line message to
      the review editor [please do not post this information to the list itself,
      such messages will be rejected by the editors]. Include your name,
      institutional affiliation, a short biography including notable publications
      and research interests, and a list of fields within Southern history you
      feel competent to review in. These messages will be compiled into a
      database and I will begin the process of matching books with reviewers.

      I look forward to a long and productive editorial association with H-South.
      Best Regards
      Ian Binnington
      H-South Review Editor
      Department of History
      mailto:binningt@...

      David Herr
      University of Illinois Department of History
      309 Gregory Hall, MC-466
      810 S. Wright St.
      Urbana, IL 61801
      443a Lab 244-2593